Yesterday – with Earmuffs and Mitre Saw. With measuring tape and pen and pine to play with. I cut! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiih.
Yesterday I sanded the edges just after I cut them to make them all nice and neat and perfect – because – despite my tendency towards anarchy, I still need firm boundaries to play within.
Yesterday, I opened my excellent and satisfying to operate Framing clamp to hold my awesome little constructions together while the glue did its job.
And yesterday after an appropriate amount of time had elapsed I released the clamps to admire my frames and discover that it is not quite as easy as it seemed. I may have been out with my measurements by a millimetre here or there. I may have sanded too much (I know now that sanding is a no-go until the thing is built – as the rough edge makes a better surface for adhesion). I may have been slightly off angle when I made my mitre cut.
These things take time, but the lessons are so blissfully apparent that I’m going to enjoy the journey.
I still have all 10 fingers. And boy it was fun! 🙂